The Government of India has finally launched a scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Scheme due to the increase in the consumption of electricity.
Honorable Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has started a scheme to install ‘free solar panels’ on the roof of Indian residents. With Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Scheme, the government wanted to provide electricity to those areas where there is no electricity.
Related – Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023
The main objective of the PM Free Solar Panel Yojana is to increase the shortfall in electricity generation through solar energy and to provide electricity to areas where there is no electricity supply in India. So this scheme is basically designed for the farmers of India who usually face the problem of electricity shortage while farming.
So with the help of this blog, you will get to know about PM Free Solar Panel Yojana meaning, the documents required for eligibility, its features, and how to apply for it.
What is Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana is a Yojana of the Central government that is launched for the welfare of the farmer of India. The aim of this scheme is to utilize solar energy and to benefit the working conditions of the farmers.
Under this scheme, the farmers will get a subsidy of 60% on the purchase of solar panels. This scheme was launched in 2020 in the budget and at the initial level, it benefited more than 20 lakh farmers.
The government is also offering a special feature in this scheme is that after installing solar panels a farmer has the right to sell the energy generated from these panels. Farmers can sell the energy to the electricity companies and in return, they will receive money.
The budget of the government in this scheme is Rs 10000 crore which will be going to benefit the financial condition of the farmers.
Documents Required for PM Free Solar Panel Yojana
If you want to apply online for Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana then are must require documents to be eligible for the scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate of Farmer
- Income certificate
- Identity card
- Ration card of applicant’s family
- Bank passbook
- Documents of agricultural land
- Passport-size photograph
- Mobile number
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana
#1. To enjoy the benefit of this scheme, you should be an Indian resident.
#2. The applicant must be 21 years old to be eligible for this scheme.
#3. Under Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana, you can get 5 kW and 10 kW solar panels installed privately.
#4. Farmers who are seriously having trouble with electricity shortage will be given first priority.
Benefits and Features of PM Free Solar Panel Yojana
#1. A 60% subsidy will be provided to farmers under this scheme, of which 30% will come from the Central government and 30% from the State governments.
#2. With the help of this scheme, the problem of agricultural expenses will also be solved.
#3. Farmers previously needed to purchase diesel in order to operate an electronic motor for irrigation through a diesel engine, but they are no longer required to do so because irrigation can be done using solar energy.
#4. At the initial level of this scheme, around 20 lakhs of farmers will enjoy the benefits of this important scheme.
#5. Farmers can also earn money from this scheme by selling the solar energy that will be received through solar panels to electricity companies.
#6. 40% money for installing solar panels has to be paid by the farmer and for the remaining 60% government will give subsidies.
How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana
Step 1: To enjoy the benefit of the Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana, farmers of India have to visit the official site for the solar panel yojana
Step 2: Now after opening the official site, you will see lots of notifications on the screen but you have to click on the notification of Solar Panel Yojana.
Step 3: After clicking on Solar Panel Yojana notification, you will see a button “apply now” click on it.
Step 4: In this step, you are required to fill in the necessary details including name, mobile number, and other personal details to claim the benefit of this scheme.
Step 5: After filling in the details, upload the required documents and click on the submit button at the end. After clicking on the submit, you are set to claim the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana.
Highlights of PM Free Solar Panel Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Free Solar Panel Yojana|
|Department Name||Ministry Of New And Renewable Energy|
|Started By||Indian Government|
|Cost Of Scheme||Rs 10,000 Crore|
|Other Name||Kusum Yojana|
|Time Duration Of The Scheme||10 Years|
|Launched By||Narendra Modi|
Also, Read – PM Yasasvi Scholarship Yojana